Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Menu Planning

Beren and I went to a wonderful new-to-us farmer's market yesterday, got some great bargains on fresh fruit, veggies, cheese and bread, all beautiful and super-fresh! I'm hoping to avoid a big shopping trip this week, trying to eat from the freezer and pantry once again.


Meatless Monday - Zucchini Casserole
Take-Out Tuesday - No take-out today, instead it'll be leftovers or soup & sandwiches
Weight Watchin' Wednesday - Pasta with Broccoli Rabe
Thrifty Thursday - Cheeseburger Macaroni
Fishy Friday - Stuffed Sole (love this stuff!) and Potatoes Au Gratin
Slow Mo' Saturday - Slow Cooker Shepherds Pie
Social Sunday - Steak and Twice Baked Ranch Potatoes

5 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

I love farmers markets, it's so nice to buy local produce instead of Walmart!
Thanks for all the recipes, I am hungry just looking at them.

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Thanks for the heads-up on the farmers market - sounds amazing!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Laurie! I find it difficult to purchase local produce here, South Florida is not known for it's farming after all. However, I so love the experience of shopping for fresh food, it forces me to try harder and sometimes drive a bit further than, as you said, Wal-Mart!

Rapunzel said...

Susan, I really enjoyed Gennaro's and will definitely be back again. The only unfortunate part is that they do not sell organic. :-/

Julie said...

When Oh when are you going to open up a restaurant????? I'll grow it and you can cook it!