Friday, October 10, 2008

Sweet Getaway



Beren and I just returned from a 36-hour whirlwind trip to Key West, am totally exhausted yet completely satiated. The original purpose of said adventure was to see the phenomenal Candye Kane in concert at one of our favorite bars, and once again I'm happy to report that Ms. Kane was everything we expected and more! Due to her recent medical difficulties she was smaller in size than the last time we saw her, but her voice and spirit are bigger than life!

In addition to the phenomenal show at the Parrot, we also had a wonderful time strolling around the island, shopping and eating and drinking to our hearts and bellies content. I wish I could share some pictures with you but, alas, I left my camera at home and the ones taken on my cell phone aren't worthy of uploading. Next time, though, next time...for now I'm going to rest and recuperate from my little tropical getaway, starting of with a tiny little nap afternoon nap...zzzzz.....

6 comments:

Catherine said...

no pictures?!!! oh nooooooo... (although I love the image on this post)....Glad you had a wonderful time!

Deb said...

I bet that trip to Key West was exactly what the doctor ordered for Beren's cold! We have been to Key West twice - and had SO much fun each time. We enjoy the Schooner Wharf Bar where Michael McCloud plays on a regular basis. My favorite song on his CD is 'She's got A Butt' - it always makes me laugh, no matter how grumpy I might be! Enjoy your weekend!

Helena S. said...

I wanted to see Candye Kane when she was supposed to come to Finland, but she had to cancel the concert because of health problems. Was it cancer, do I remember right?

Rapunzel said...

Catherine, I wish you'd been there! I have some bad pics taken on my camera phone I'll send you, some particular sights reminded me of you. ;-)

Rapunzel said...

Deb, the Schooner Wharf is great! Beren says we did hear a performer there but we're not sure if it was Michael McCloud, off to google...

Rapunzel said...

Helena, yes, Candye was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She had a rough time of it but just last month was deemed cancer free! :)