Saturday, November 1, 2008

Death to the Old Me


My friend Jersey and I often talk about how Autumn is a fresh start, always feels more like New Year to us than Jan 1 ever has. Of course, being a Pagan this makes perfect sense to me as it truly is the Witches New Year.

A year of beauty. A year of plenty.
A year of planting. A year of harvest.
A year of forests. A year of healing.
A year of vision. A year of passion.
A year of rebirth.

This year may we renew the earth.
This year may we renew the earth.

Let it begin with each step we take.
And let it begin with each change we make.
And let it begin with each chain we break.
And let it begin every time we awake.

--Chant from the
Reclaiming Samhain Celebration


This year that feeling is even more true as I am seriously ready to make some changes in my life, in myself, allow to die the old me that no longer works anymore and reveal the new person who's under there ready to be born!

2007 brought many changes to, 2008 even more. Some good, some not so much, but I must say that I've handled it all much better than I ever thought I could. I have learned my own strength and I'm proud of myself! Unfortunately the way I dealt with stress was to eat more than healthy and the result is a 20+ pound weight gain, but that's ok because I'm on the right track now and determined to get rid of it once and for all.

I said it on my birthday and I mean it even more so now at the season of Samhain - This is my Year. In addition to focusing on my Mom and her health, my family and partner, I've got to take care of ME as well. And that doesn't mean by self-soothing with junk food and beer; it's by exercise, good food and a healthy attitude. I can do anything I put my mind to, have proven that already.

3 comments:

ELLIE said...

This is your year and I hope it is a beautiful one!!!
-Ellie

Deb said...

And your last line is so true! You CAN do anything YOU set your mind to doing! I also believe that exercise, diet and mindset are tightly connected! Best wishes and now I must go walk off all of the Halloween candy I nibbled on last night! Enjoy your day!

Rapunzel said...

Ellie, thanks so much, I'm going to do my best!

Deb, I completely agree. I'm in slow mo today, haven't done a darned thing. *groan*