Monday, November 10, 2008

Happiness Is...


*an evening of fabulous music and visiting with a dear friend. Benzaiten (aka Susan) has been producing this wonderful folk concert series, Labyrinth Cafe, at the local UU church for years now yet Saturday night was the first event I attended. Well, suffice it to say that it won't be my last! Beren and I took his girls to see this amazing band, Coyote Run, what a treat! As if the music wasn't enough, seeing sexy men in kilts..ooh-la-la! A heart-pounding evening indeed! *wink*



*celebrating Beren's daughter's 13th birthday, welcome to the teenage years! *groan*









*Sunday night al fresco dinner at Kali's house. I brought baked ziti from my freezer, roasted garlic bread and Parisienne salad (thank you Costco), Beren contributed a bottle of good whiskey as a hostess gift, Kali and Kevin provided the lovely backyard in which to dine. Kevin lit a fire, Kali brought out her beautiful Crate & Barrel dinnerware and cloth napkins, no disposables for this bunch! We drank and ate and laughed and chatted, watched the sun set on a lovely Autumn evening..a slight nip in the air...family all around..a perfect way to end the weekend!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Look at that birthday cake! C will remember it when she grows up....REGARDLESS. What a wonderful MOM you are.

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

So glad you, C and the girls could make it to the concert Saturday night - it was goosebump-inducing, eh? (kilts and leather and a dijeridoo, oh my!). It was delightful to have you there, my dear friend - come again, whenever it suits your schedule... no guilt/no worries/no pressure!

Happy Birthday to Carly - sounds like a lovely family dinner as well (which we did here yesterday, since my Eric was home from college for the weekend... :-)

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Catherine. It was a difficult cake to make, not because of the recipe but..well, to keep my energy in the right place as I baked. you know what I mean. sigh.

Rapunzel said...

Susan, it was wonderful indeed! Thank you so much for the frequent updates, I am so glad we finally took advantage of them!