Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On My Hearth: Quick Chicken Marsala


I love Chicken Marsala and while I am sure this dish won't be as good as my favorite Italian restaurant, hopefully it'll satisfy my craving without the extra calories. *groan* I will be adding fresh mushrooms, and using white wine as it's what I have on hand. Since this is a new-to-me recipe I'm not sure what the end result will be so I'll be sure to post a review later!

I'll be doing the prep work this morning and then tossing the ingredients into my crockpot, will turn it on at lunchtime so dinner will be ready when we all get home from work. Since there's no school today I'm hoping we can enjoy a nice family dinner together. We shall see.




* Exported from MasterCook *

Quick Chicken Marsala

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 tablespoon butter
6 skinless boneless chicken breast
10 3/4 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
1 1/4 cups Marsala wine

In a large skillet, saute the chicken breasts in butter. Once chicken is lightly browned on all sides, add the soup (undiluted) and Marsala wine. Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes. Ready to serve!

Description:
""This recipe gives you the basics--chicken, mushroom soup for the sauce, Marsala wine. But you can enhance it with fresh sauteed mushrooms or onions if you have the inclination.""
Start to Finish Time:
"0:25"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 310 Calories; 5g Fat (16.5% calories from fat); 55g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 142mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0

1 comment:

Emily said...

This sounds really good! We're having a comfort food recipe contest and would love to have you enter your favorite recipe. Check out the contest at MarxFood.com