Monday, November 17, 2008


Photo by Kevin Weeks, Seriously Good

Well, it's been a couple of days back on South Beach and I have the annoying sugar-withdrawal headache to prove it. *groan* I'm happy to report that, other than a couple glasses of foribben-on-Phase-One glasses of wine, I'm doing really well! Despite being tempted by Bambi's warm-out-of-the-oven crescent rolls that she made last night, Beren's fresh-from-the-deli bagels he brought home yesterday, and all of the tempting treats being served at a friend's birthday party yesterday, I am hanging in there. Big pat on the back to me, these first few days are so freakin' hard!

I have several pounds of shrimp in my freezer so I did a quick search on Kalyn's blog, came up with this spicy Jerk Shrimp recipe from Kevin Weeks. I'll be serving it over rice for the rest of the family, alongside a big green salad for me.


* Exported from MasterCook *

Jerked Shrimp

Recipe By :Kevin Weeks
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Seafood South Beach-Friendly

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp — shelled
1 lg lime — juiced (2 - 3 tbsp)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp Herbes de Provence
Seasoning:
3 tbsp hot paprika
3 tbsp garlic powder
3 tsp ground allspice
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less -- depending on preferred spice level)
1 tbsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Thoroughly mix all seasoning ingredients. You'll have more than you need, but it keeps well.

Place shrimp in a large zippered plastic bag. Add lime juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of seasoning. Toss to mix and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and not more than 2.

Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and swirl to melt. Dump shrimp and juice into skillet and add Herbes de Provence. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve immediately.

Source:
"http://seriouslygood.kdweeks.com/2008/05/paisano-jerked-shrimp.html"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 81 Calories; 6g Fat (64.8% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 1414mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Fat.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

12 comments:

Catherine said...

looks delish - and way to go on getting back to the Beach! xoxoxo

kim said...

Sounds yummy! I may have to break down and buy another copy of that book. I think I gave my other on away.....

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Congratulations on getting back on track and staying focused - believe me, I can relate!

Slowly but surely is the way to go - you'll be seeing results in no time at all... <3

linda said...

geez, I was immediately starved....not good!

I have a little something for you...come to my blog and look for marie antoinette. :)

Sorrow said...

Always hunting for something yummy!
I came from the muse,
and her special award for you..I can see why!

Aurora said...

Way to go, you gorgeous witchy woman! I am shakin' my pompons for you...

Blessed be the diet! Yay for you!

Aurora

Rapunzel said...

Catherine, it was really tasty! I know how much you love shrimp, think you'd enjoy this one!

Rapunzel said...

Kim, I had a copy as well but must have done the same. Fortunately I found another copy at a thrift store for a buck.

Rapunzel said...

Susan, this time of year is so hard to stay on track, isn't it? So many delicious temptations..groan...

Rapunzel said...

Linda, thank you so much, I am honored!! I'll be posting my own awards soon..smile...

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Aurora! *grin* You are such a good cheerleader for me!

Rapunzel said...

Sorrow, thank you for stopping by the castle! Hope you visit again soon!