Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On My Hearth: Roasted Carrots with Moroccan Spice Mix


photo courtesy of Kalyn's Kitchen

Beren got home too late from meetings last night, wasn't even worth serving that fabulous turkey breast; I ate a big salad earlier in the evening and he grabbed a hot dog (groan) when he got home from work. So, tonight we will sit down and enjoy it along with these Roasted Carrots with Moroccan Spice Mix, once again courtesy of Kalyn. Beren will eat stuffing, I'll double up on my veggies with another salad, saving my calories for a nice glass of vino.

I'm glad to have an easy meal planned out, had a busy day which started by taking Mom to her radiation treatment..sigh...then after work I took down all of my Thanksgiving decorations and started pulling down the Christmas boxes. After all that some comfort food is definitely in order!

Beren and I are taking a couple of vacation days, headed to Key West Friday, more about that later..smile...

4 comments:

ELLIE said...

have a beautiful time in key west - so many lovely things to see and do!
take care--Ellie

Julie said...

The carrots look yummy! I also wanted to tell you that I LOVE your new header.

Annie I. said...

Looks delicious. :-)

PS. I kept my old blog too but the posts will be much much shorter from now on. It's like the good blog and the bad blog. :-)

Jen said...

Your new layout is utterly breathtaking. What a perfect castle for Rapunzel.