Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Menu Planning


Well, the holidays are over, it's the New Year which means getting back on track in several areas including meal planning. I've requested that my kids and Beren give me a weekly update on their work schedules, outside activities, etc. so that I can plan more family meals together. I hope this works because, honestly, I was getting frustrated and annoyed after preparing big meals week after week only to have them come home and announce, "oh, gee, didn't know you cooked, I just ate Taco Bell." Grrr! I enjoy cooking for other people, sitting down and dining together whenever possible, so this just wasn't working for me. Also, if I know that Lily will be home a certain night I can serve vegetarian fare and serve the chicken for another day of the week! We'll see how the new regime goes.

Meatless Monday ~ Cannellini Parmesan Casserole
Take-Out Tuesday ~ Pizza Night
Weight Watchin' Wednesday ~ Hearty Lentil Stew
Thrifty Thursday ~ Clean Out Refrigerator Night
Fishy Friday ~ Baked white fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta
Social Saturday ~ Dinner Out
Slow Mo' Sunday ~ Kathy's Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken

3 comments:

Helen K. said...

I should plan too but I never seem to have the time and then it takes more time to plan the next day's meal every day.

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

That fish recipe sounds scrumptious - trying tonight!

Catherine said...

Nice looking menu... it's *get back on track* week here too