Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tested by the Universe


The Goddess must have a wicked sense of humor because two days after I put my phrase-of-the-year out there I was tested. Not just silly little day to day life tests, either - oh, no, this was a big-bad-ass-in-your-face-whatcha-gonna-do-about-it-challenge involving two police officers, my middle daughter and the crazy ex-boyfriend of my eldest. All of them emotional, all of them angry, one of them to the point of near hysteria.

Without going into too much boring detail, suffice it to say that it was not a Good Night for any of us. However, Lily is safe and that's all that counts. The only decision I need to make now is whether or not to pursue this matter further or to Let it Go. I could take legal action against the persons responsible for causing the drama and hope that they receive some sort of punishment, but would that really accomplish anything? I fear that in doing so I'll open another can of worms, possibly bigger and uglier than what we're dealing with now.

So for the moment I'm going to write down the incident in detail as my friend Jersey suggested, encourage Lily to do the same, and put it safely away in a file. Away from my sight, away from the Peace I'm creating in 2009, far far away from the Beauty and Joy and Love that fills my Life, my Home. There is no room for anger here, not anymore. I'm going to sit, breathe and pray for us and for the other people involved and instead of sending hatred and anger toward them, I'm simply going to hope and wish that they, too, find Peace and Understanding and that they make better choices in the future.

For Now, I'm just going to Let it Go.

What do you think about that, Universe? Did I pass your test? I'm thinking I just might have earned an "A."

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! Glad she's safe-hopefully the rest of your year will be much smoother.

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

I am so very, very proud of you... and the Universe must be as well - you sound... peaceful, a state of mind you most certainly deserve... <3

linda said...

you earned an A+! Isn't that just the way it always is that we turn over a new leaf of ANY kind and whammo! we get hit with THE test....I am so thrilled you rose above and put it aside and remembered to breathe and are moving forward...

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Jen, I do too!

Susan, thank you, dear friend. It is a constant struggle, but new habits always are, right?

Thank you, Linda! It just feels *right* to do it this way,you know?