Saturday, February 28, 2009

On My Hearth: White Bean and Tomato Salad


Beren and I are going to pack a little picnic lunch, it's much too beautiful to be indoors today! He'll likely be eating fried chicken (groan) but my contribution will be considerably healthier!

I'll pair this salad with some fresh fruit, bit of cheese and crackers and an indulgent glass of chardonnay. It's a day for celebrating, after all!

White Bean and Tomato Salad

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

To store fresh sage, wrap it in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to four days.

Ingredients
15 3/4 oz canned great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
3 cup(s) tomato(es), seeded and chopped
3 tbsp celery, chopped
2 tbsp scallion(s), sliced
1 tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Instructions

* Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Garnish with sage, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup).

3 comments:

Deb said...

Hi ~ I was so happy to hear from you. I have been worried about you and your family. Hope you and Beren had a relaxing weekend. There is a small surprise for you over at my place. Just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you. Take care.

Rapunzel said...

Deb, thank you so much for the award, how thoughtful of you!!

Jen said...

I always love reading through your recipes. This sounds like one to try for sure!