Friday, March 20, 2009

Ostara Blessings



Ostara (Eostre) is an especially meaningful sabbat for me, the day that I honor several significant beginnings and endings in my life. It is the day in which I filed for divorce from my first husband and coincidentally married my second one short year later. Unbelievably, it is also the day on which I ended my second marriage, 16 years after making those vows to each other.

So today I will reflect on those two relationships, the joy as well as the sorrow that they brought into my life, and then I will turn away from the cold dark memories to face the bright new day which is now and the beauty that awaits me in the future.

4 comments:

Aisling said...

Ostara Blessings to you too, my friend, although my usual refrain is "Happy Spring!" Oh yes, and "Bring it on! Bring it on! lol! I'm so ready for spring after our long cold winter!

I hope this is the beginning of a peaceful, fulfilling season for you.

Can you get out in the garden yet? I'm just getting ready to place a seed order, and trying to decide on a new herb to add to my herb beds. I've never grown Tarragon at this house, so that might be it, but I'll have to place it in a special place because it gets tall and takes up a lot of space.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Cynthia said...

Yes, certainly concur..Ostara blessings! I lost your site...now I found it again. Where is that follow button??? I will be around to read more, friend. <3

Rapunzel said...

Aisling, I share your hope for peace and a sense of fulfillment, thank you, dear friend.

My garden is begging for attention, I hope to get out there this weekend. Enjoy your planning, so exciting!!

Rapunzel said...

Cynthia, I'm so glad you found me again! xoxoxo