Friday, May 15, 2009
On My Hearth: Meatless Burritos
We're meeting friends for the Mermaid Show/Happy Hour tonight so I'm going to throw this in the crockpot for the kids. It sounds delicious and oh-so-simple!
Oh, and no my burrito won't look like the above pic...grin...just love those LOL cats and had to share this one!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
* 3 can(s) beans, red kidney
* 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced, undrained
* 1 1/2 cup(s) salsa
* 1 can(s) corn, whole kernel, with peppers
* 1 pepper(s), jalapeno
* 2 teaspoon chili powder
* 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
* 16 large tortilla(s), flour
* 2 cup(s) lettuce
* 1 cup(s) cheese, taco-style
* scallion(s) (green onions)
Recipe Tip: Cook 6 to 8 hours (low), or 3 to 4 hours (high).
1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine beans, undrained tomatoes, salsa, corn, jalapeño pepper (if desired), chili powder, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
3. To serve, spoon bean mixture just below centers of tortillas. Top with lettuce and cheese. If desired, top with green onions and/or sour cream. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up from bottom.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 205, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 471mg, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Total Fat: 3g