Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Do I Have an Addiction?

addicted to the internet Pictures, Images and Photos
I have a big project at work I need to finish before I go on vacation (yay!) Thursday, the sink is overflowing from last night's birthday celebration (more on that later), the laundry is piling up (again) and the dust bunnies are threatening to take over my house. Oh, and there are bills to pay, treadmills to walk, cats to play with, family to enjoy, a man to love.

There simply isn't enough time to get it all done, and yet here I sit blogging and playing on Facebook. Why is that?

My friend Karla is considering taking a moratorium on social networking sites but just the thought of that makes me panic. I think that while some people spend hours in front of the tv (Beren comes to mind) to relax and unwind, this is it for me. Other than a movie here and there and a couple of favorite shows, I could live quite nicely without the television. The internet, though? No way in hell. It's my lifeline to friends, out of town family, education, inspiration, and just plain fun! It's an outlet and a distraction, even call it an addiction if you will, I'll own it. I'll find other ways to squeeze more time into my day but I'm not giving up my time in cyberspace. As long as my family is cared for, my house is reasonably clean and my finances are in order, I just don't see the harm in spending a couple of hours a day in front of my laptop, do you?

Hi, I'm Rapunzel, and I am an internetaholic.

6 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

No! You don't!! Because if I say you do then I would have to admit my addiction and I am not even close to admitting it.

Once I finish with emails, blogging, and commenting then I can get to work.

Sally said...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Good job ;)

kim said...

I'm Kim. I'm a Internetaholic.

Rapunzel said...

Dearest La Belette, don't you dare admit any addiction that would deprive me of your fabulous blog!

xoxoxo

Rapunzel said...

Sally, LOL, and as you can see I'm embracing my addiction.."not going to rehab..no, no..no..." ;)

Rapunzel said...

Kim, you are in very good company, my friend! ;)