Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Growth


photo courtesy of pinkorchid_too.


Growth Through Challenges
Leo Daily Horoscope


You could feel more daring today, meaning you are more likely to take risks. It might be that you realize change is inevitable and that courage and planned risk-taking is something you need to propel you forward in life. Knowing that you have the power to alter some aspects of your life for the better may help you stretch the limits you have previously set for yourself. Perhaps you can consider what you would most like to change in your current situation and set goals to follow through on your plans. If you do happen to feel uncertain, you may want to remind yourself that although change can be uncomfortable, the benefits of doing something different greatly outweigh the fears, for you will most certainly learn new skills and develop parts of yourself you may not have known existed.

Taking risks allows us to go beyond our comfort zone and encounter new challenges that contribute to our development as people. Entering into uncharted territory enables us to expand our notion of what we are able to do and in turn helps us expand our view of the world. If we begin to see our lives as a series of learning events that bring us to a great understanding of ourselves and our place in the world, then taking risks becomes an integral part of our lives. Instead of avoiding risk, we move toward it. Using your courage to change your life today will infuse your life with fresh energy and greater means for growth.


Umm...wow! Another message that completely makes sense at this time in my life! I'm not sure what risks I'll be taking today but this little getaway has cleared my head and I feel much more ready to take on whatever else life has in store for me.

Today, for instance, my youngest daughter graduates from high school. Ah, such a bittersweet moment for a mom. I am so proud of her and on one hand am ready for her to leave the nest and try her wings, yet...this is my Baby, the last one, for the first time in 20 years I will no longer have a child in school! Next week is her 18th birthday, all of my girls will be adults then! So strange and foreign to me but you know what? It's ok, that's the natural course of events, it's right and healthy and time for her to grow up and venture off on her own path. Like her sisters before her, I have no doubt that she'll stay close and that she knows that no matter what she can always come home again.

In the meantime, it's up to me to also forage a new life for myself, one with a bit less responsibility perhaps, one with new goals and visions and dreams. It's a little bit scary but also very exciting and freeing. So, here we go....!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Risk taking...this keeps coming up for me lately. I'm feeling stuck and I know I need to take a risk, but I'm not sure what or when and everywhere I go I keep hearing that phrase "risk taking risk taking."

Rapunzel said...

Jen, I know what you mean. I feel like I need to make a leap but I'm not sure in which direction! Hopefully the path will be revealed to us soon.