Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Stroll



Always throw salt over your left shoulder; keep rosemary by your garden gate; plant lavender for luck; and fall in love whenever you can. ~ Practical Magic

I am in constant awe of my friend Aisling's blog and before now have been too intimidated to participate in her Sunday Stroll...smile...but today I took a little walk and enjoyed the sights and scents of my tiny herb garden.

Earlier this week I trimmed my rosemary which was totally out of control! I love rosemary, though, it's an essential element in kitchen witchery!



I could have cut it down even further but I discovered Charlotte here spinning her web and didn't want to disturb her.



I seriously have enough oregano to supply an Italian restaurant!



I know I should use gloves and wear shoes but I can't help it, I love the feel of the earth on my hands & feet, don't you?

8 comments:

Aisling said...

Rapunzel,

I love your herb garden! Nothing beats grabbing something fresh from the garden to toss into some pasta or a salad. My oregano is wildly thriving too. Good thing I love Italian food! :)

I'm a barefoot and bare-handed gardener too. Every once in a while, I remember to gouge my fingernails in a bar of soap before working in the garden... It makes cleaning them so much easier at the end. But usually, I think I'll just take a walk out there, and before you know it I'm pulling weeds and getting my hands dirty. No big deal. It's just earth... It's all good!

I'm so glad you shared your stroll with us!

movinginspirals said...

Mmmm, I can almost smell that rosemary... You have a really lovely little herb garden!

Rapunzel said...

Christiane, thank you for your kind words, and for visiting me at the Castle! :)

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, dear Aisling! You know what an inspiration you have been to me over the years, and not just because of your amazing gardens. :)

Crafty Gardener said...

I'm usually bare footed and no gloves as well.

Tabbie said...

Rosemary at my nose and fresh earth between my toes...I cannot think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

Rapunzel said...

Crafty Gardener, my SO has bought me dozens of pairs of gloves and yet I strip them off within 5 minutes of wearing. :) Glad I'm not the only one!

Rapunzel said...

Tabbie, thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting the Castle! :)