Friday, August 7, 2009

In Retrospect

Now that some time has gone by and I've had a chance to reflect on the situation, attempt to process and lick my wounds, I'd decided to focus on the good parts of our last camping weekend in the Keys instead of the horrible ending. Yes, I'm still hurt, disappointed & confused, especially since I haven't heard a word from my Dad in nearly two weeks. Yes, I think the ball is in his court, it's his place to call me; after all, it was he who asked us to leave so shouldn't he be the one to open up communication again? My phone is on, my door is open, I'm ready to talk...or maybe we still need some more time apart?

Either way, here are a few pics of the good times we had, before the drama, when we were all still all one big happy family. I can only hope & pray that it'll be that way again someday because, really, haven't we lost enough?



Sorry, Sophie, cute as you are you can't go for a ride with me!






K & K & friends setting up their tents






and relaxing in the motor home after being rained out!




I made the mistake of "befriending" these little guys, now I think my crab-eating days are over!




Enjoying the beautiful sunset!



2 comments:

Karla said...

I'm so glad you found some bright spots to remember despite the storm. I love you my friend and I'm thinking of you.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Karla. I love you, too!