Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Challenge!

Annie has issued me a challenge this Saturday morning, how fun! Ok, Annie, here goes!

"If they would make a movie about your life, who would play the part of you, your true love, your best friend, your mother/parents and your worst enemy?"

Me: Jane Seymour

She's been my favorite actress since I saw Somewhere in Time 28 years ago and fell madly in love! I had the pleasure of meeting her in person several years ago and found her to be as gracious & lovely as I'd imagined.



My True Love: Richard Gere

Do I really need to explain why? Take a look at pics I've posted of Beren and you'll understand! Same deep-set brown eyes, same gray hair...swooon...I don't know a lot about Mr. Gere except that he's strong yet sensitive and stands up for what he believes in, just like My Man.



My Best Friend: Meryl Streep

This gorgeous lady is incredibly talented, strong, witty, and her statuesque beauty & style remind me so much of my friend Jersey!



My Mother: Doris Day

Doris is perky, smart, adored by everyone, and always a lady. Just like my Mom.



My Worst Enemy: Courtney Love

This one is really hard for me because I don't think I have any true "enemies" but I did have a horrible encounter with a nasty acquaintance recently. I'll never forget this woman..shudder...she was the epitome of the trashy barmaid stereotype so the first person that comes to mind is Courtney during her dark days.



I challenge Susan, Sally and my daughters Kali & Lily 'cause I'm hoping to get them blogging again!

17 comments:

Celia (Head Witch of the Hollow) said...

Rapunzel...I'm so glad that you escaped from that tower!
This post is so amusing...courtney was my favourite...she looks so "charming" in that picture!
I love the "Somewhere in time" film...makes me weep every time I watch it...I can see why you chose those characters.
Also, I looked at your other blog...you are SO much like my 15 year old niece Selene...she's a little beauty, so you should be very flattered!
Regardless what those medieval torture implements we call weighing machines say...you are a divinely lovely woman...any size!

Annie said...

Such great choices! I love Meryl Streep too, and the leading couple is great. They do resemble you two quite a lot. :-)

Sally said...

Love it! And you're on! I'm always up for a challenge! I'm taking the weekend off from blogging. But, I'll be thinking about my responses and will post them on Tuesday!! Thanks for including me!!!

XOXO,
Sally

Jen said...

This is fun! I can picture Jane in the role...how cool that you were able to meet her.

Cynthia said...

Wow that was a difficult challenge and you pulled it off with style! Incredible photos...so clean and detailed...not to mention expressive of your life. Amazing I could agree with you on two of your choices Meryl (she isn't really tall is she?) and Richard both incredible!

King of New York Hacks said...

Nice....but I'd like to see you switch Meryl with Courtney for a day ! LOL

Rapunzel said...

Celia, thank you so much for your kind words, and for visiting me here at the Castle! We appear to have a lot in common, looking forward to getting to know you better. Merry Meet!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Annie! I enjoyed your challenge, as you can see! ;)

Rapunzel said...

Sally, I can't wait to see who you come up with! :)

Rapunzel said...

Cynthia, I guess Meryl isn't that tall (only 5'6" according to the 'net) but she seems taller to me, and has such a big "presence," you know?

Rapunzel said...

King of NY Hacks, LOL! I'm sure I'd have a helluva good, albeit dangerous time, with Ms. Love! ;)

Rapunzel said...

Jen, I'll have to scan the pic of myself & Jane, it was an amazing experience! I was so excited I nearly fainted, lol!

Catherine said...

Meryl, huh? maybe Meryl as Miss Julia Child? I have the 'eating' part down, lol

Rapunzel said...

Catherine/Jersey, wish you were here to see the Julia movie w/me! We could celebrate after with a fancy French meal! xoxoxo

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a delightfully fun challenge! You've got me pondering now, who would fill such roles in my own life? I can pick actors for most of the "characters" in my life, but I honestly can't fathom who would play me??? (Yikes, is that a good thing or a bad thing? ;D)

Thank you very much for your lovely comment on Chronically Vintage, sweetie! I hope you're having a delightful weekend!

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

antgirl said...

How fun!

Rapunzel said...

Jessica, it's not easy, is it? Fun, though, definitely! ;)

Antgirl, did you try it?