Friday, October 2, 2009

Autumn Hearth & Home

Since we live in the tropics where there is barely a change of season, we have to work a bit harder to get into the Autumn spirit! I do this by decorating every spare inch of The Castle, lol! Since I've been so busy the past few weeks setting up our other house, I've decided to decorate slowly, one area at a time, appreciating the transformation, just like Mother Nature does with our earth home!

If you were to come visit me today, you'd be greeted by a bright new doormat welcoming you to my Castle...



a cheerful little jack o' lantern at the entryway...



and fresh flowers on the table enveloped with my favorite Fall tablecloth.



"What's that heavenly scent?," you might ask. Ah, dear friend, that would be the loaf of freshly baked cinnamon bread! Won't you sit down and share some with me?

Cinnamon Sugar Bread

Ingredients

* 1 cup milk
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1 egg
* 3 cups bread flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons yeast

Directions

Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.

Bake using the sweet bread setting if your machine has it. If not, use white bread setting.

When the bread is done, remove from the machine and let sit on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

Enjoy!


And don't mind Lily's new baby Clementine, adopted just in time for Samhain...she won't nibble much...wink...



Brightest Blessings,

12 comments:

Geek Wife said...

Nice! I completely understand the need to decorate to get in the spirit. That is exactly what I would do when I lived down south. There are changes and cycles there but sometimes it is hard to cue in on them because they are not as obvious as the northern ones.
BB!

jan said...

awwww! Clementine's too cute! And if I had a bread machine I'd be eating the hell out of that cinnamon sugar bread.

Aisling said...

How wonderful! I'd love to come visit and smell that cinnamon bread for real! It is autumn outside my windows, but I haven't decorated inside as yet. I did tell my oldest daughter that we would try to have hot mulled cider each weekend this month... probably on Sunday afternoons. Won't the house smell amazing? :)

Domestic Witch said...

sweet bread recipe!! Thanks!

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Cinnamon bread?!? - I'll be right over... :-)

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Geek Wife! Yep, we do what we can here to "fake" the change of seasons! ;)

Rapunzel said...

Susan, come on over! We are way past due on that cozy chat! ;)

Annie said...

Ooh, I love rats! Used to have two myself. :-)

Waiting for Halloween... There's a big party coming and it's our anniversary too.

kim said...

Clementine is sooo cute!!

Rapunzel said...

Annie, I love them, too! They are such smart animals. :)

Rapunzel said...

Aisling, how I wish I could visit your house and sip that yummy cider!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Kim! she really is a sweetie!