Monday, November 16, 2009

Weighed Down


The burden of the scales, originally uploaded by Koen Cobbaert.

Wow, the universe is really encouraging (pushing) me to continue with this decluttering! I have already put up a bunch of books on e-bay along with some collectible pottery that's been sitting in Beren's garage for years...grin...hoping to earn some holiday money.

I feel weighted down, honestly, by "stuff" as well as actual pounds on my body. I know from reading Peter Walsh's book that the two things are related, makes perfect sense to me.

The process is daunting, though, because there seems to be just so much stuff everywhere! I get started on a particular area of my house and halfway through I get frustrated and bored and want to quit. Same goes for dieting, I do well for several days and then I get tired of the counting, thinking, obsessing over each & every morsel that goes into my mouth! Why can't I just eat like "normal" people and be a "normal" size?

Are any of you going through this process right now? If so, how do you stay motivated? I could sure use some help right about you!

November 16, 2009
Making Room for Harmony
Leo Daily Horoscope
You may feel restless today, with a need to be productive in cleaning, organizing, or making home improvements. These feelings may be caused by a sense of oppression in your surroundings or simply boredom with the same old scenery. A good way to enhance this mood is by focusing on clearing away objects that no longer inspire you. While you may have sentimental feelings about some of the objects in your home, you can still clear away clutter without feeling guilty. You might consider passing along family heirlooms to other family members, giving sentimental objects to cherished friends, and donating other items to a local charity. If you simply can’t bear the thought of releasing these objects permanently, consider packing them carefully and storing them out of sight to see how your mood improves today.

By clearing our surroundings of objects that no longer inspire us, we create space for harmony and peace to enter. While sentimental objects can trigger happy memories, they can also make our surroundings seem cluttered and oppressive. If we choose to store these items away, or give them away to others who will appreciate them, we clear our environment of stagnant energy. Not only does this make room for harmony and peace to enter our lives, it also creates a space for greater abundance to manifest. Since a calm atmosphere can improve our moods, we will usually find ourselves feeling light, peaceful, and energetic again. By removing unnecessary clutter today, you will call in more harmonious energy to refresh your environment.


11 comments:

Jen said...

I have a lot to go through too. I have been decluttering, and somehow it feels like more often I'm just shuffling things from room to room. The other 3 members of my household have a harder time getting rid of stuff than I do though.

kim said...

I do too and it seems I get so far and then stop. No doubt that's why I am still 50 lbs overweight!!

antgirl said...

I learned that *normal* eating is not healthy and not normal. I gave up the envy and learned to be thankful. I am thankful I have a choice. I keep that in mind and I found it easier to stick.

We moved almost 2 years ago, so I got to shed a lot of junk that way. Maybe pretend you're moving. You start to get heartless.

Annie said...

I love getting rid of extra stuff and cleaning the house. But it's a never ending cycle. My weight losing project is going down the drain at the moment because I just don't have time and energy for it. And we have the swine flu... It was so much easier when I lived alone. And I think it's also hormonal a bit. I've been gaining weight so fast during pregnancies and breast feeding even though I'm not munching chocolate all the time. I know I need to go out running or something to get my body burning the fat more efficiently. But I don't have the energy now!

I also get frustrated when nothing happens and then I eat something again - like a cake, a whole cake. ;-) I think that if you really want to start losing weight, you have to start exercising more. Starving yourself just makes you weak and then you eat a house after a while because you're so damn hungry!

Rapunzel said...

Jen, I know the feeling! I start shuffling and stuffing and then just get overwhelmed. My other family members can be hoarders as well. ;)

Rapunzel said...

Antgirl, very good points. As a matter of fact, I am planning a move, at least I hope so, so I am looking at things with fresh eyes.

Rapunzel said...

Annie, you are young and will lose that baby weight, I promise! It's so much harder after 40, wish I'd lost it in my 30's and kept it off. :/

I hope you and your family are feeling better!

Amy said...

sorry to be a stranger commenting on your blog, but i have been going through the same thing! i went through my house with the intent to find just 10 items to sell on ebay. i ended up listing 45, and i have way more to go. every time something leaves my house, i feel better.

Rapunzel said...

Amy, there are no strangers here, welcome and thank you for dropping by the castle!

Funny that you should mention e-bay, I was a seller years ago and have just started back again. It's nice to purge some things from my home and make a bit of cash at the same time!

Rapunzel said...

Kim, I'm right there with you, girl! *sigh*

Amy said...

thanks for the welcome!

i've sold $107 in a week on ebay. every package i send out gets me closer to my goal of living like a monk.

i've got the extra baby fat to get rid of, too. my "baby" is almost 3. ;)