Saturday, December 26, 2009

Kicking Out 2009



I know it's only Dec 26th but I'm calling 2009 over. Kaput. Finis. I'm making a fresh start, today. No waiting until the stroke of midnight or the traditional popping of the cork. My family and I are gathering up the past year's heartache & pain, stress, drama & turmoil & tossing them to the curb. Goodbye, 2009. Though you had a few nice moments for the most part you sucked, big time.

With that out of the way, I can focus on the future, on 2010 which will be fabulous. Each year instead of, or sometimes in addition to, the typical New Years resolutions I also choose a mantra, a word or phrase to focus on for the 12 months to come. I've been pondering this for a couple of weeks and no matter how hard I tried to come up with something more original, one word persistently made it's way into my mind. I was still on the fence about it until a few days before Christmas when I opened a holiday card from my dear friend Benzaiten.



Once I saw this beautiful picture, so appropriate for those of us living in less than a winter wonderland, I knew it was a sign from the goddess! Not only have birds been significant of late, these are the exact colors of the living areas in the Ormond Beach house: ocean blue and sand, a serene, peaceful palate that is so unlike my home down south and yet one which I've been suddenly drawn to. I will be taking this lovely image to the craft shop this weekend, having it framed and then it will hang prominently in my new home, reminding me that whenever possible, in any circumstance, I should simply choose Peace.

Brightest New Year Blessings,

8 comments:

Aisling said...

Your beautiful thoughts were the perfect start to my day... and as I look ahead to the new year. Thank you!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Aisling, for your constant friendship and inspiration!

xoxoxox

Vicky - Anticelebrity.net said...

Here's to 2010 x

Rapunzel said...

Vicky, thank you so much for stopping by the Castle! :)

Happy New Year!

Celia (Head Witch of the Hollow) said...

I hope that you have a never-ending cup full of peace Rapunzel...
Here's to new enchantment!

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

We are finally back in town after a whirlwind week away - much to process and ponder (hoping to post about our trip in the next few days)...

Catching up on your blog, I saw the photo and thought, "hey, that looks just like the Christmas cards I sent out"... and then I read your dear words - you know how much I believe in signs, omens and portents... and am thrilled my holiday greeting could be a stepping stone along your path to Peace...

I bought many varieties of cards on clearance last year and only had one box/12 cards of this design... so I had to choose carefully as to who would receive them - meant-to-be... <3

Sending love and light and looking forward to whenever we next get together - I determined my Word of the Year a few days ago... and will unveil on January 1!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Celia, my dear! xoxoxo

Rapunzel said...

Susan, so glad you're home safe & sound! Once I get your lovely card framed and hung in the Ormond house, how about coming to see it? ;) We would love to have you visit us up "north!"

xoxoxox