Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Monday Menu Planning (a little late)



I need to start menu planning again, it works so well for me to have at least a week's worth of meals planned and shopped for. Monday was a bust, anyway; we ended up staying for dinner at our friend's so yesterday's soup will be enjoyed for lunch today! Gotta love the convenience of the crockpot!

The rest of the week looks as follows:

Take-Out Tuesday: No take-out today, instead we'll be having simple soup & sandwiches to save some dollars!
Weight Watchin' Wednesday: Slow Cooker Country Captain Chicken with Rice
Thrifty Thursday: Stewed Lentils and Tomatoes
Freezer Friday: The kids will have pizza, Beren and I will be sharing these yummy seafood meals we bought on sale: Artichoke Pesto Tilapia and Margaritaville Sunset Shrimp Scampi. Yummy!
Savory Saturday: Vegetarian Shepherds Pie
Slow Mo Sunday: Crock Pot Black Bean Chili

2 comments:

antgirl said...

ON a cold and snowy day, those all sound wonderful.

I find planning helps me out a lot. I usually plan 2 weeks at a time. I need to check out your lentil & tomato recipe.

Rapunzel said...

Antgirl, the planning really does help me, both financially and calorically. ;)