Sunday, December 20, 2009

Solstice Blessings


Dear Friends,

Solstice is upon us, the darkest, longest night of the year. Tonight my family will once again gather around the Yule log, each of us lighting a candle and making a wish for the coming year. It’s a sacred moment when we reflect upon all that has transpired in the past, both good and bad. As you all know, we seem to have received more than our share of the latter lately; 2009 brought much pain & heartache. There have been struggles and losses that seemed at times too much to bear and yet somehow we made it through, together.

With that in mind, I would like to take a moment to thank each of you for all that you’ve done for myself and my family this past year. From phone calls and e-mails, hugs & hand holding, you have been there, offering up kindness and caring, love & friendship and anything else we might need. I hope that I have thanked you personally in a way that this post can never do but again, thank you for the gift of your friendship, I am truly blessed.

Yesterday as we were moving some furniture into the Ormond house a bird flew straight through the front door, around the living room, perched for a moment and then flew right out the door again. We were surprised to say the least but somehow I knew that this was not just a random event, there must be some meaning there. I did a bit of research and this is what I discovered:

A bird accidentally flying into your house indicates that news is on the way. Birds represent joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You will experience spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

This gives me much hope for the coming year, I look forward to the peace & prosperity that 2010 will surely bring to all of us.

Wishing you all a blessed holiday season and a Happy New Year,

2 comments:

Aisling said...

I got a shiver up my spine as I read of your winged visitor. I wish you love, light and joy in the coming year.

Celia (Head Witch of the Hollow) said...

Oh the bird sounds like a wonderful omen for you all...how lovely!

Hope you have a beautiful Yuletide sweetheart...see you next year!