Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Coupon Clipping


One of my goals for 2010 is to save more money, re-vamp my budget and stick to it. One of the easiest ways for me to do this is with my grocery expenses. I'm known for my coupon clipping and savvy shopping, often shock the cashiers and other patrons with my savings at the register! This, however, requires time and energy, something I was lacking in 2009. This year, however, I vow to get back on track and I have a goal. I've decided that whatever I save in coupons/sales is going straight into my vacation account! This way, when I'm menu planning, clipping coupons and bargain shopping I have extra motivation to do so and when I'm sitting on a tropical island sipping umbrella drinks I can toast myself and my thrifty-ness!

There are a couple of really helpful websites I'd like to share in case you, too, need a bit of assistance. First up is Hot Coupon World, a wealth of information and assistance for coupon clippers! Be prepared, you can spend hours there learning & connecting with other savvy shoppers! I also use My Grocery Deals, a huge timesaver when making that shopping list. Instead of poring over multiple store ads, they are all there in one place, searchable and easily accessed. Cool, huh?

Since I'm always open to suggestions and tips, please share with me how you manage your family's food budget. Are you, too a Coupon Queen?

2 comments:

antgirl said...

What a great plan!

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Mary! :)