Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Reliable Wife


Just need to share my latest good read with you; my stepmom's book club has included me in their e-mail updates so that I may enjoy their monthly recommendations even if I can't attend their wine-and-laughter infused meetings!

This month they read A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrich. The cover had me instantly intrigued and then I was hooked by the first page! This novel is just not historical fiction, it's a steamy bodice-ripper, mystery, thrilled and just overall fantastic read! Just when I thought I had the characters figured out they did something to have me gasping with surprise.

Set in rural Wisconsin in 1907, during the mid-winter, this is the perfect winter afternoon, curl up on the couch with a cup of hot tea read! However, you should warn your lover ahead of time: you may find yourself grabbing him or her upstairs for an afternoon tryst! Yes, it is just that steamy! *swoon*

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I've never heard of this one - thanks for the recommendation! I love a good bodice-ripper. I average about 3-5 "trashy romances" a week. :)

Cherie said...

Sounds like a really good book.... Its going on my list.. Thanx
I enjoy visiting you page
Have a great day,
Cherie

antgirl said...

Oooo! It looks wonderful. I'll have to check it out, thanks!

linda said...

hmmm, sounds like a good one to me...everyone need a little bodice ripping once in awhile! ;)
xo

jan said...

That's so funny, because I saw this at the grocery store this weekend and then went straight home and requested it from the library. Great minds, huh?

Rapunzel said...

Kristen, let me know how you like it! Those "trashy romances" certainly have their place, don't they? *wink*

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Cherie, I hope you like it! xoxoxo

Rapunzel said...

Mary, I think you'll enjoy it! :)

Rapunzel said...

Linda, I totally agree! ;)