Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Fall-Back Sunday!


Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I have been really focused on my weight-loss efforts over at my other blog. I'm also working on a large project here at the Castle which I'll be revealing soon..smile...

Even though I am dieting and eating food-of-my-own, I still cook for the family a few nights a week. It's difficult rustling everyone up at the same time for dinner, everyone's schedules are totally different, so I try to find recipes that I can keep warm in the slow-cooker or that are easy to heat up later.

Kali and her New Man (more about that later) are here helping with fore-mentioned household project and doing their laundry..grin...so I'm hoping they'll enjoy tonight's dinner.

Using this recipe as inspiration, this is what I have bubbling on my hearth right now:




Baked Seashell Pasta

-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 ounces whole wheat sea shell pasta -- cooked
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese -- divided
24 ounces ricotta cheese
1 pound vegetarian "beef" crumbles
1 jar pasta sauce -- (25.75 ounce)
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Combine hot cooked spaghetti with olive oil, stir until pasta is coated. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; stir to coat. Arrange pasta in an even layer in baking dish. Spread ricotta cheese over pastai. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Add veggie crumbles to pasta sauce and heat until bubbly. Spoon over cheeses. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.

Cover with non-stick foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil cover and continue baking 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Serves 6


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


1 comment:

Saimi said...

Oooo, sounds very yummy! You are so courageous in your efforts to loose weight during the holiday season!

Good luck to you, sounds like you're off to a good start!!