Friday, January 13, 2012

Great Castle Update of 2012

Since returning "home" from Ormond last week, my family and I have been doing some serious work on the Castle.  It's been quite a long time since I last redecorated, and the place really needed updating.  Honestly, I haven't bought furniture since moving here in 1998! Yikes! I think it's time, don't you?

Family Room Before - circa 2005-ish

We started on the family room, replacing the torn leather couches (thank you, Loki!) and old oak wall unit. A trip to IKEA was in order, Kali & Jesus were kind enough to pick up, deliver and install for me!


Kali, my designer/delivery gal/assembler/IKEA pro!
Jackson "assisting" Jesus with the assembly

Jezebel getting in on the act



Loki thinks it's a playground


Ta-Da! We just need a few more decorative items and we're done! 


Jez loves the new sofa!

Lucifer found a new perch
Recliner Kitties

We're in the process of setting up the office area and awaiting more furniture delivery, so stay tuned! I'm so excited, what a wonderful way to start the new year!

Rapunzel~



1 comment:

Catherine said...

oh it turned out very nice - looks super comfortable....now come help me fix my house, lol