Friday, August 27, 2010

Flattened


I am trying to stay positive, I really am, but there has been so much crap going on lately, I feel flattened, just like Stanley up there.

In a nutshell, the past month has been a series of mishaps in several areas of my life - financial, personal, professional. From big things such as $400 vet bills, hateful e-mails from Beren's daughter, moving one child to college only to move her back less than a week later, a situation at work which may result in me losing my job, to smaller incidents of flat tires, burnt dinners and bounced checks, it's all just weighed on me to the point of exhaustion.

I know that there are much worse problems, that I am incredibly grateful to have a wonderful family and good friends, a nice home which I share with healthy, beautiful daughters and the love of my life. We are all healthy. Really, I am not making light of these things but how much ongoing stress is one person supposed to handle before they simply collapse?

I wake up with trepidation, wondering how many minutes or hours it’s going to be before the next catastrophe hits. Not a good way to live!

My friend Jersey says all of this chaos is due to Mercury in Retrograde and if so I'm gonna hole up in my house and wait for September 12th when it's all over!
Anybody want to join me? I'll supply the wine if you bring the chocolate.

4 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

That's a lot going on at once. It's daunting, even just reading about it but hiding out from the problems won't do much. What can you change? What is out of your control? Once you are able to categorize and individualize everything it will seem more manageable.

You can't control the vet bills, but perhaps you can arrange a payment program with the veterinarian office. You can choose to ignore the emails, or you can sit down and write your own LOVING letter to Beren's daughter. Apply to new jobs rather than sit back and wait to see what happens with your current one.

Best of luck.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Silver. I have already paid the vet with a check..will just figure out how to stretch the budget even farther this coming month.

Beren responded to his children, asked that I not get involved at this time and I will respect his wishes but of course it hurts.

I sent an e-mail to my boss this morning asking for some more information, will decide what to do once I have more details.

Allan said...

I say Tequila,,, Otherwise, relax, and guess what, no matter what happens, tomorrow will come... Try to smile...

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Allan..your blog always makes me smile! :)