Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nightmares


I should be on my way to work by now but I sit here immobilized and out of sorts, want to do nothing more than flop on the couch with a stack of magazines and a Snickers bar. Blame it partly on PMS but the main reason is the nightmare-filled restless sleep I just experienced. As if one horrible dream about my Mom wasn't enough, I had to wake up and shake it off only to have another one! What the hell? I know that dreams are supposed to tell us something, a way for the mind to process emotions and situations that we can't handle while awake, but I find it hard to believe that the horrible images in my head last night could possibly be helpful to my psyche. Shudder.

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm all shaken up and this is not a good way to start my day.

It can only get better from here, though, right?

7 comments:

Julie said...

Yep - its a way for the mind to process emotions....which would explain why after I scheduled my hysterectomy I dreamt that I woke up with a beard! ...and I mean it was one of those dreams where I had to assure myself it really was a dream!

movinginspirals said...

Dream analysis can be such a wonderful thing. I did it for a few years and was blown away with the issues I was able to work through.
Best wishes to you for nothing but peaceful slumber tonight.
I love the image with this post.

antgirl said...

Could be the hormones fueling that stuff. I know mine can give me bouts of insomnia. And, they took me on one wild ride a few weeks ago. I wouldn't read too much into them. Hope your day got better.

Rapunzel said...

Antgirl, that's a great point, hormones are very powerful!

Rapunzel said...

movinginspirals, I, too, am hoping for more peaceful sleep tonight. I think I'll grab some lavender from my garden and let that work it's magic.

Rapunzel said...

Julie, I have had the hair-falling-out dreams which were scary enough!

Sorrow said...

Nightmares are the worst.
I wish I could believe that they actually do help, but most days..
well I just don't want to go back to bed... sigh
I hope you have a rest FULL sleep tonight!