Wednesday, September 2, 2009

On My Hearth: Shrimp with Lemon Basil Pasta


My kids are all home for dinner tonight, yay! I've got Italian music playing in the background and a fresh glass of Chianti, lovely! As I've mentioned before, they are in various stages of vegetarianism so cooking can be a challenge but they all eat shrimp & pasta so this will be perfect! Since Beren picked up the shrimp BOGO last week, it's also a cheap way to feed a bunch of people. Add a big salad and the fresh multigrain bread I purchased at the French bakery today, perfection!

Shrimp with Lemon Basil Pasta

4 servings

Ingredients:

* 12 ounces Contessa x-large Cooked Tail-on Shrimp
* 1/2 pound linguine
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 1 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
* 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 parmesan cheese, grated
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Steps:
Cook pasta for 8 minutes in boiling water.

Add shrimp and cook for additional 2 minutes then drain.

Mix pasta, shrimp, and the remainder of the ingredients to pot and simmer on low heat for approximately 5 minutes.

Place on large serving platter and sprinkle cheese on top.

Serve immediately.

4 comments:

antgirl said...

Mmmm. Sound delicious.

Annie said...

Sounds good. I would love to go to the Bahamas! My husband actually promised to take me on a Caribbean cruise when we met - but he told me later it was a joke!! I'm gonna make him keep his promise anyway... When we're old and grey probably. ;-)

Rapunzel said...

Antgirl, it was a big hit! :)

Rapunzel said...

Annie, I would absolutely hold your hubby to his promise! You'd have a wonderful time in the Bahamas, it is beautiful and so relaxing.