
Needing to distract myself and keep my mind busy, and inspired by Election Day and the whole Americana thing, I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen this afternoon. (After I voted, of course!)
We rarely eat pork at the Castle but I got some boneless chops as part of an introductory package at Omaha Steaks and didn't want them to go to waste. Since potatoes were BOGO at the grocery store, I made a slowcooker version of this recipe, adding a bit of shredded cheddar to the mix. While that was simmering I whipped up a loaf of bread and a homemade cherry pie.
Mmm...everything smells heavenly! I'm looking forward to sitting down with a glass of wine after dinner and watching the results come in.
4 comments:
Oh gosh, I read "Obama" steaks. And that pin up looks like Palin without glasses. Creepy. Hope it's not an omen... What are the donkey and the elephant doing there?
sounds like a perfect evening!!!
-Ellie
Helena, LOL! You just ruined that pin-up for me!
As you know by now, YES, WE DID!!
Ellie, it was very nice and relaxing!
Post a Comment