Monday, August 27, 2007

Happiness Is...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*watching my daughter turn into a mermaid before my very eyes! I can't believe that sneaky Marina was able to keep a big ol' secret from me, not to mention how conniving my Mom aka the Mermaid seamstress had to be! *shaking head* It's rare that someone's able to surprise me, I am admittedly a nosy Leo and can usually figure out when somethings going on that I should know about. Kudos to you guys, you certainly pulled a fast one on me!
In addition to complete surprise, I was completely overcome by other emotions..just absolutely bowled over that my daughter would do something so amazing for me! Kali, you are one amazing young woman, I am honored to be your Mom.

*being surrounded by family, new friends and old, having so many of the people I love around me...what a wonderful night!

*a surprise appearance by a hysterical and absolutely adorable Pirate Captain!

*staying the night in a lovely hotel, just steps away from the ocean.

*nursing a hangover in a cool dark Irish pub, followed by a fabulous family dinner at a very old Florida-style steak house. Love the piano player!

*exploring a historic monument, being overwhelmed by beauty in art, architecture, and horticulture. Bonnet House is absolutely breathtaking!

*a final lunch with my family before they boarded the plane back home, consoling ourselves with a beer and a little cigar at a cool new-to-us pirate bar.

*crawling into bed last night, completely exhausted but with a big smile on my face, feeling terribly blessed and completely loved. My 44th year is off to a helluva good start!

8 comments:

Laura Stamps said...

Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The perfect birthday celebration.

Many faery xoxoxox to you today!

Susan said...

Hey, M -

It was delightful to be part of such a joyful celebration - those who were meant to be there... were... <3

My account of the evening appears here - http://optimisticvoices.blogspot.com/2007/08/carey-joni-mitchell.html

Oh, and The Pirate Bar has been one of my daughter's favorite hangouts for the last year or so - maybe you'll cross paths one of these nights (aaarrrgggghhhh... :-)

Julie said...

Sounds like a good start to a great new year of life!

Pssst - I passed my motorcycle written exam with a 98 and the driving exam with a 91!! We even had to do figure 8's inside of a rectangle!

Jojo said...

Oh Happy Birthday lady! I am SO glad to read that you are so happy!
Hugs,...jojo

Kim Campbell said...

Happy Birthday!!

How cool is all that! Wow!

RubyShooZ said...

Happy Birthday Rapunzel. It sounds like you had a beautiful magical time and I'd be wowed with all the love and beauty that surrounded you. I'm so happy for you and your family and loved ones.

Thank you for letting us share in your celebration of life vicariously.

Peaceful beautiful vibrations of love to you new friend.

the Domestic Minx said...

Oh I do wish I'd been there.
I loved your photos!!
What a fabulous place - The Wreck Bar sounds like somewhere I could damage my hull!!
And your delicious daughter, the mermaid!!!!!
How perfect!
Absolutely perfect!
So glad you had a wonderful time!
xox

Mother of Invention said...

Wow! You are certainly loved and blessed! Happy B-day..I can't wait to see what they're cooking up for 50!!!