On the heels of that I got a call from Dad informing me that my aunt is arriving from Ohio on Monday. While this is good news, it's important that she spends some time with my mother, it requires planning and preparation which increases my stress level big time. Sigh.
So, what do I do when I'm overwhelmed and anxious? I retreat to the kitchen.
I have all of the ingredients on hand for these bars so they'll be a cinch to whip up, and hopefully some baking will work it's magic on this stressed-out kitchen witch.
Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
Yields: 30 servings
"Peggy Murray of Enfield, Maine relies on a cake mix and other pantry staples to make these rich crumb-topped treats."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a bowl, combine cake mix, peanut butter, egg and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk, chocolate chips and butter over low heat; stir until blended. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
10 comments:
Hey, M ~
Just checking in - wonderful news that your mom is out of the hospital and your aunt is coming to help caretake!
Still sending love and light from my home to yours - I'm proud of you for making time to "stop and smell the rosemary"... :-)
I think I gained a pound just *reading* your peanut butter fudge bar recipe - an extra lap of walking for me tonight!
Thank you, Susan. I'm trying to keep a balance, easier on some days than others of course. xoxoxo
those sound yummy ! They contain no calories right : ) I am once again on a diet
Oh, they look totally delicious. When I get to my new house I'm definitely going to make some. My kids will *love* them.
Kate
Patty, nope, no calories at all. ;-)
I, too, have to get serious and lose the x-amount of calories I gained over the wedding weeks! Yikes!
Kate, thank you for visiting the castle! So nice of you to stop by. :-)
The bars were very rich..mmm..of course I only ate a tiny little square. ;-)
The fudge bars sound yummy!
I just came across your blog and it is so enchanting! The peanut butter bars sound so yummy, I will have to try these soon as I have teenage boys that love anything chocolate and peanut butter.
Lady Terri, so good to "see" you! I have missed you!
Lady Laurie, thank you so much for visiting me here at The Castle! I hope your boys enjoy the goodies as much as my girls did. :-)
Post a Comment