Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happiness Is..

A little road trip with my Sweetie! Beren had a business trip in Sarasota so I tagged along, here are some of the things that made me happy:

*a chilled glass of wine and a good book, a moment to myself while Beren ran to a meeting.

*treasure hunting at some wonderful little thrift stores, coming home with a Fire King casserole and a little pink Pyrex casserole, both in great condition! Beren got a new lantern for his patio and I also found a great set of Hawaiian music albums for Kali.

*pre-dinner drinks at one of our favorite pirate bars!

*dinner at the best Irish Pub I've ever been to, we would probably make the drive just to savor their delicious food.


*pulling off Alligator Alley on the way home, turning up some great music and watching the lightning show. Days like these make me so glad to be living in Florida!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip. You guys find the greatest little places to visit! I love the look of the Pirate Bar!

Michele said...

Thank you, Grace! The pirate bar is really awesome, we love to go there and hang out. Beren always finds someone interesting to befriend, this time it was a boat captain who'd spent 3 days in a Jamaican prison back in the 80's. He had quite the story to tell!