Thursday, June 7, 2007

Now Playing at the Castle: Sandrine Kiberlain

My wonderful Mom surprised me with an early birthday gift from my Amazon wish list, a cd I've been coveting: Putumayo Presents: Women of the World - Acoustic. I love the Putamayo compilations and this one does not disappoint! I listened to the cd for the first time yesterday in the car, it made errand day much more pleasant! I think it would be perfect cooking music as well.

The first track called M'envoyer Des Fleurs by Sandrine Kiberlain is especially enjoyable. I couldn't find that particular song on YouTube but did locate another one called Y'a du monde. I don't speak French so I have no idea what she's saying, but it sounds beautiful! Grace, can you help translate? *smile*


9 comments:

Patty said...

Oh oh oh, what a wonderful song. I ordered the CD right away. Thanks for introducing this music to me.

Michele said...

Patty, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Please let me know what you think when you listen to the cd, ok?

Anonymous said...

I love this style of music! she has such a beautiful voice :)

Michele said...

LadyTerri, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for visiting the castle!

Patty said...

tI ordered the CD today and can't wait to get it

Anonymous said...

Oh, que bel chanson! I can give you the gyst of the lyrics, but not word for word - I did find a pretty good translation online - and it's pretty close to what I thought she was saying. I'll email it to you. The song, as you will see, is perfect for you right now.

Michele said...

Grace, I love it! I'm going to include the lyrics here, they are too beautiful not to share!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog through Daisy Cottage -- love it! Can I recommend wonderful music by "Blackmore's Night" - Celtic and Renaissance based -- and founded by Richie Blackmore (formerly of Deep Purple many eons ago) I have all of the CDs ....

Another Leo here (with four cats) -- and way closer to Crone -- and looking for my inner Pin-Up too!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Michele said...

Jan, I just looked them up on YouTube, I'm in love! Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation, I'm adding their cds to my Amazon wish list right now.

Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you'll come back again soon!