Thursday, June 7, 2007

Summer Romance

"Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons,
but when all is said and done,
they have one thing in common.

They're shooting stars,
a spectacular moment of light in the heavens,
fleeting glimpse of eternity,
and in a flash they're gone."

~ Noah, The Notebook


If you know the story of Beren and myself, you understand why I am so enamoured with the movie, The Notebook. In many ways it is so much like us, what we have been through to be together. We, too, started out as a summer romance, were separated for years and now here we are together again. The shooting stars continue to shoot through the sky, though, with no end in sight. If I wish on each & every one perhaps this "summer romance" will continue throughout eternity.

9 comments:

Patty said...

how sweet ! I wish you many many more summer romances with this man of yours.
Emery and I will soon reach 29 years of shooting stars and butterflies in our stomachs like new love.

Marcie said...

Aren't the two of you adorable in that photo? I'm glad you shared that!

Mother of Invention said...

Beauty! I don't know the whole story but I hope it's forever summer at your house.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking couple you were and still are!

Nikki Neurotic said...

That is really sweet. I wish you many more summers together.

Unknown said...

Notebook is my fav movie to watch with my sweetheart of thirty-six years...I always cry...

We cuddle and stuggle as we watch..

I am happy that you too enjoy..



steve

Michele said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and compliments! You all inspire me with your own love stories, it's wonderful to see that you can keep love alive over many years! I'm hoping to find that out for myself. :)

Nan said...

I love the picture and your story! Travolta and Newton-John in real life. :<)

Michele said...

Thank you so much, Nan! So funny, Grease is one of Beren's favorite movies. He went through a serious ONJ phase. ;)