Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Give Me the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt!
When I was married and/or dating someone seriously, there was one rule that absolutely had to be followed during PMS time: Bring me chocolate and a Cosmo magazine, leave me alone and we'll be fine. One man tried to deviate from that pattern, he hasn't been seen since. I'm a very nice girl usually, really I am, but those couple of days a month I transform into some kind of beast that can only be soothed with the aforementioned formula.
Since Beren has to work very late tonight and therefore can't be expected to adhere to the rule this time, I'm going to take matters into my own hands and whip up this lovely little treat. He'll just have to buy me double next month.
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Cookie Crusts
POINTS® Value: 3
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Individual chocolate cheesecakes on top of chocolate cookie crusts - who can resist? A fine finish to any holiday meal.
* 12 items chocolate wafer(s), about 2 1/2 oz
* 8 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
* 1 cup 2% reduced fat milk
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 2 envelope unflavored gelatin
* 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
* 1 cup water, boiling
* Line 12 muffin tins with paper muffin liners. Place a wafer in the bottom of each of 12 muffin tins (or custard cups); set aside. (If the wafer doesn’t fit in bottom of muffin liners, break into pieces to cover bottom.)
* Place cheese in bowl of a food processor and process until loose. With food processor running, pour milk down feed tube.
* In a separate medium bowl, mix together sugar, gelatin and cocoa with a fork or spoon. Slowly add boiling water, mixing as you go; mix quickly until gelatin has completely dissolved.
* With food processor running, slowly add cocoa mixture through feed tube; process thoroughly, about 1 minute.
* Fill each muffin liner (or custard cup) with about 1/3 cup of cheese mixture. (Muffin tins will be filled up to the top; custard cups should be about 2/3 full.) Chill for a minimum of 2 hours. Yields 1 per serving.
* These easy-to-make cheesecakes can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator. If you’re a coffee lover, add a teaspoon of instant espresso to the cocoa mixture for an extra kick.
© 2007 Weight Watchers International, Inc.