Friday, May 4, 2007

Wish Me Luck



Today Beren and I have dedicated the whole day to car shopping with Lily. She wants a Ford focus so we are..well, focusing on that model. I'm completely prepared, have printed out several ads posted on the internet, complete with dealers phone numbers, addresses and maps. I have my insurance information on hand, a pre-approved draft from my credit union for the maximum amount we want to spend. I got a good night's sleep, am dressed in my most comfortable yet attractive attire, have made breakfast plans with my car-hunting teammembers and am ready to head out the door.

Now, somebody should call the used car sharks..I mean dealers..and warn them that a PMS-ing momma is on the way. Fill them in on the week I've had, the trauma of the crash, etc. Please suggest that the salesman show us cars in our price range, not thousands higher. When I get there to see a specific car that was posted on the internet site, don't tell us that that auto is "not sellable" because it has "bullet holes and blood inside." Puh-lease! (yes, that really happened) We are not stupid, we know all about bait & switch. Oh, and kindly send us someone who knows what the hell they're talking about, ok? I'm not asking too much, just litle things, really. I'm not implying that I expect any trouble or anything, just thinking ahead, that's all.

As an added precaution I'm filling my flask with chardonnay and my pocketbook with Hersheys. Just in case. Always be prepared, that's my motto.

2 comments:

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Good luck with the car hunting. My mother used to have a Focus and it was really nice, and had great gas milege...plus they really are quite affordable! It drives pretty nice as well.

Rapunzel said...

Thank you, Silverneurotic! It actually went ok, we came home with a car and without bloodshed so all is well. :) I'll write more tomorrow.