Friday, May 18, 2007

Mermaids


I gotta tell you, I love mermaids. Ever since someone-who-loves me commented that I have a mermaid body (sweet but probably untrue) I have been completely enamoured with them. Thanks to family & friends, I now have quite the mermaid collection which includes t-shirts, figurines, artwork, etc. My friend Rhiannon shares my passion so we often pass mermaid pictures and presents back & forth. So, imagine my thrill when Kali emailed me this morning to tell me about The Hukilau where a "live" mermaid will be performing! Upon further investigation, I found that she appears every Friday night at a bar not far from The Castle! Whoo-hoo! I am so excited, Beren has agreed to take me there tonight. He'll suffer through watching a gorgeous woman swim by as he sips a frozen Rumrunner. What a guy, huh? *wink*

4 comments:

Grace said...

That is SO cool! I wanna come!!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Have you ever read the book "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd? You might like it.

By the way, I watched "The Little Mermaid" at work last week, for the first time in nearly 20 years!

Mother of Invention said...

I feel sorry for his suffering!
Mermaids are so captivating for both men and women and little girls. No wonder that movie did so well.

Rapunzel said...

I wish you'd been there, Grace! If you ever come to visit, I'll take you there. :)

Silverneurotic, I tried to read that book but couldn't get into it, should I give it another try?

Mother of Invention, that was the first movie we took my Lily to when she was 3 years old. She didn't make it through the whole film, tho, was much too antsy to sit still!