Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kali!



~Happy Birthday, Kali!~


My beautiful eldest daughter turned 24 today, can hardly believe it! It's every mother's lament, "where does the time go?"

To celebrate her special day, we had a family dinner here at the Castle, 15 of us cuddled around my dining room table to honor the Birthday Girl.





We served a simple antipasto as an appetizer, Penne with Shrimp and Herbed Cream Sauce as the entree, and Strawberry Whipped Cream cake for dessert.













As always, wine was flowing, friends & family were feasting, love & laughter filled the castle. It was a perfect way to honor my Kali, my firstborn, the one who taught me everything about being a mother, and so very much more.

I love you, Sweetheart! Here's to many, many more birthday celebrations!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Happy Birthday to K - my Rob (middle child) turns 24 four days after your eldest (where does the time go, indeed?... :-)

As I was on my way to a meeting last night and was dropping off my 2008 holiday mix/card in your mailbox, I noticed the multitude of cars outside and the overflowing dining table inside - realized after the fact the reason for the celebration... and smiled... <3

Catherine said...

Beautiful Daughter and Beautiful Family, M....all make for a beautiful celebration

linda said...

what a beautiful daughter...she takes after her mom!

happy birthday, kali!!

Sorrow said...

Happy Birthday!!!
whooo! hooo!
another December baby!
Happy birthday!

kim said...

Great photos! Happy Days!