Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On My Hearth: Rosemary Chicken with White Beans



I'm fortunate that my herb garden is still in full swing despite the fact that it's December, just one of the perks of living in the tropics. I'm thrilled that I'll be able to go outside and pick the rosemary needed for this recipe!


Rosemary Chicken with White Beans

From Simple & Delicious

"With a full-time job and active 5-year-old, I’m known as the “Crock-Pot Queen” in my family," laughs Sharon Johannes in Ashley, Illinois. "I use my slow cookers at least twice a week…sometimes have two or three going at once with different dishes. I’ve made this recipe for years and, after making a few tweaks, it’s become a treasured favorite."

INGREDIENTS

* 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
* 1/2 cup sliced celery
* 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
* 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS

In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Place the beans, carrots and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken.
Combine the salad dressing, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.

3 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

This sounds really good and easy ~ I love my crock pot too. When it comes to cooking I like things simple, I am not the best cook in the world and I don't really enjoy cooking. Now baking, that's a different story ~ I could bake bread and cookies all day!

Sorrow said...

cut and paste, oh yeah
cut and paste
Yum yum!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try it.

Elizabeth