Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happiness Is...(the Week in Review)

Please forgive my absence, have not been spending much time on the computer this past week. With two extra kids in the house and Beren and myself home on vacation, it was all I could do to keep up with the minimal housework and cooking while entertaining the girls and enjoying some summer fun!

We took them to the beach....



and out sailing...





indulged in some fun food such as indoor S'mores!





spent most mornings by the pool before the afternoon storms rolled in...





and in the evenings Beren and I sometimes headed out for some grown-up entertainment....





After a nice-but-tiring week, yesterday we returned them to their Mom and then visited our favorite thrift store in that area. We scored some wonderful treasures including a brand new grill/sandwich maker for $12.99! Considering the retail price of this baby is $39.99, I'd say we got a great deal, wouldn't you?



Now, I have a little indoor grill but I've never owned a sandwich maker, and since this one didn't come with the instructions, I'm clueless about exactly how to use it. I don't even eat sandwiches very often but everything in moderation, right?

Do any of you have recipes you could share with us? I did find a Cuban sandwich recipe and since I live in South Florida where the Cuban influence is huge, we'll appreciate making these now & then. However, I don't normally eat pork, nor do my kids, so I need other suggestions. Anybody?

Thank you!

5 comments:

kim said...

Looks like you had fun!

You could make Panini's! I bet there is a vegetarian something out there to substitute. One of the best Cuban meals I had, was made with fish.
Hugs

Rapunzel said...

Kim, true about the paninis! I'll be googling..smile...

Susan said...

Hey, M ~

Glad to hear/see the week with the girls went well (love the photos of reading in the pool!) - hope you were able to rejuvenate as well... before heading back to work (sigh)...

Rapunzel said...

Susan, like us, these girls are never w/o a book! :)

Sorrow said...

Thats a lot of fun wrapped up in a week!
Sorry I have no recipes to share, we eat most of our sandwiches in pitas!
LOL