Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Big Apple ~ Day 3

Day 3 in NYC was all about art..in various formats! We got an early morning start at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, spent hours there but only covered a couple of areas. It would take days to see everything! Two of my favorite pieces appear below.

I am intrigued all things related to the Magdalen, have never seen any rendition quite as dark as this one..



Do you recognize this gal from your local coffee shop?



From there we took a nice walk through Central Park, stopped at the Boathouse Restaurant for a beverage...



...around the fountain...



and then sat on the lawn to watch some street performers.



We worked up quite an appetite on our walk through the park...



so we stopped to grab a hot dog at the famous Gray's Papaya..yummy!



From here we met up with Kali & Kevin as well as my brother who has recently relocated to New York, hopped on the subway for a long ride out to...



Coney Island!



While Beren's main purpose of the trip was to ride the famous Wonder Wheel, mine was to enjoy a performance of an adorable new-to-me band, Witches in Bikinis!



One more hot dog before we left the park...groan...



and a nightcap at the Dublin House on the way back to the hotel..



before calling it a night. Sweet dreams, dear New York City, see you in the morning!

6 comments:

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia.

My favourites are the second shot and the last one. Well done.

Rapunzel said...

David, thank you so much for stopping by the castle! I'm glad you like the pics; coming from you that is high praise indeed. *smile*

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Oh my gosh I am soooo jealous! I wish I was there eating cupcakes living it up like sarah jessica parker and cheering to a beer haha I so want to go to NY love the pics! looks like your havin a ton of fun! hugs

toodles-
sarah

Helena S. said...

I have a picture of that exact same painting from my trip to New York!

Rapunzel said...

Gypsy Mermaid, you are cordially invited to join us next time! :-)

Rapunzel said...

Helena, don't you just love that painting?!