Monday, August 4, 2008

The Moon and New York City


Sorry I've been so quiet; I've had a particularly rough "moon time" this month (we're all girls here so I can speak freely, right?) and have been taking some time to rest and go inward just a bit. I'm feeling better now, though, perhaps even a bit wiser for having spent some time with myself and la luna.

Now, another happier reason I've been away - I've been preparing and planning and packing for a trip - to New York City!! whoo-hoo! Beren and I have had it planned for months now, it's actually my birthday gift from him. Isn't that fabulous? It's my first time to the City and I am just beside myself, I'm so excited!

An added bonus is that we are bringing Kali and Kevin, my college graduation gift to her. They have both been to NYC twice already so they will serve as reliable tour guides as well as wonderful traveling companions.

So, dear friends, the next 36 hours will be busy with last minute travel plans and then Thursday morning we'll be on a plane headed for the Big Apple! I'll have my laptop with me and will check in if time allows but if not you know I'll be giving a full update upon my return next Monday.

Big Hugs,

11 comments:

silverneurotic said...

Hope you have a good time. I LOVE the Big Apple and I hope you do too.

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

OH, I'm so jealous! I hope you have the best time ever and I can't wait for the whole story. I've never been either but it is a dream in my Cedar Chest for sure!

Jen said...

Wow, I hope you have a fabulous trip!

Rapunzel said...

Thanks so much! I am excited beyond words! *smile*

Lady Laurie said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time in New York ~ I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!

Julie said...

Have a wonderful time! I have never been - so don't be stingey with the pictures or the stories!

Aisling said...

I loved my trip with my daughters and their music department last winter, but I'm imagining that your trip will be a bit more romantic! *grin* I will keep you in my thoughts as you travel. I know you will make wonderful memories and I'm looking forward to your stories!

love and hugs,
Aisling

Debbie said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! I have never been to the BIG Apple so I look forward to your recommendations. Have fun, go crazy and kick up your heels!

kim said...

My parents just got back from NY! You will love it!!

Helena S. said...

Oh, I love that song "The moon and the New York City" (by Christopher Cross, was it?) And I love New York no matter how cliched that sounds.

I was in New York alone a few years ago, for the first time, and I instantly felt like coming home. I must write a blog about that one day. Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Debbie said...

I am psyched to hear about your trip - sounds like so much fun. Hope you took lots of pics. I have never been to the Big Apple so you can be my tour guide!