Thursday, August 28, 2008

On My Hearth: Thirsty Thursday



Because I never work on Fridays, and Beren has every-other-Friday off, we usually begin our weekend on Thursday night. Sometimes we go out for a happy hour, or just have a cocktail and dinner on the patio.

Tonight I'm making easy Mojitos using a frozen mix, will sit by the pool and have a little Happy Hour before dinner. I'm making Filet with Mushroom Sauce, with a couple of revisions; after discovering the nutrition info of those bacon-wrapped-steaks I have in my freezer and had intended to use up for this recipe, I am going to forego those for myself. Yikes! Instead I'll serve the mushroom sauce over a simple Boca Burger for me, that'll be just fine and enable me to spend the POINTS on a frosty Mojito!



BACARDI® Mojito

Ingredients:
1 can of frozen Mixers Mojito mix
1 can of BACARDI® Superior Rum
2 cans club soda
5 cups of ice
Mint for garnish
Lime for garnish

Directions:
1. Stir together BACARDI® Mixers Mojito mix and
BACARDI® Superior Rum.
2. Splash with club soda.
3. Serve over ice in five 8 oz.. glasses and
garnish with mint and lime


Filet with Mushroom Sauce

Makes: 4 servings Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Broil: 8 minutes
View Nutrition Facts
Ingredients

* 4 filet mignon steaks, 5 to 6 ounces each
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 8 ounces presliced mixed mushrooms
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup steak sauce, such as A-1
* 1 tablespoon onion flakes
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* Green salad and asparagus (optional)

Directions

1. Heat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick spray.

2. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Place on prepared pan and broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until internal temperature reads 130 degree F on an instant-read thermometer. Keep warm and allow to rest for 5 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in steak sauce, onion flakes, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until thickened.

4. Serve with salad and asparagus, if desired.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Now I know what we're having for dinner tonight up here in New England - MOJITOS! Wouldn't my husband be surprised if that was all I served him for dinner? To the liquor store I go! Enjoy.