Monday, August 18, 2008

Wild & Wonderful Weekend


We picked up Beren's girls Saturday morning and went on a little "field trip" to the children's art museum where Kali works. Of course we got the special backstage tour..wink..wink...



We brought along Strider's stepson as well, the more the merrier!



The kids really enjoyed all of the exhibits but I think Kenny's Closet was our favorite.



Isn't it fabulous?!!



I found this work of Kenny Scharf's to be especially appealing, am looking into purchasing it in print form if possible.



From there we went to the grand opening of the aquarium store where Kevin works, was tempted to purchase a beautiful salt water set up but somehow contained myself. I did, however, snap a quick pic of these adorable cakes, must attempt to recreate myself sometime!





Saturday evening we went out to see another of our favorite bands at a country bar not far from home. Since this particular band does not play country it was quite fun to see them out of their element!



My hat was obviously a bit hit with everyone!





(Welcome to August in the tropics; the guys start out the evening wearing shirts, I promise! )

Sunday morning we headed back to the boat to have a bimini sunshade installed (finally)! We can now do some more sailing without broiling.

Beren's girls sat on the dock and enjoyed the view while Dad worked on the boat.



After a delicious dinner of Carmela's Lasagna and Magnolia Cupcakes, Sunday evening we fought the stormy weather (more on that later) and met Minerva and her family at the tiki bar/restaurant, had hoped to see another of our friend's bands perform but Tropical Storm Fay put an end to that plan.





So, that was our busy weekend! Now, back to the grind of daily work..groan..assuming that I can get Bettie out of the flooded driveway..wish me luck!

4 comments:

Helena S. said...

You sure know how to have a good time. :-)

Deb said...

I just love weekends which are jammed pack with wild and fun! Although sometimes after wild weekends I do need some rest time - not like when I was a tad younger and I could just keep on going! Hope the weather calms down soon !

Rapunzel said...

Helena, LOL, I have learned! In my younger days I was much more of a homebody; since my kids are older now and since being with a very energetic man..well, things have changed. *grin*

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the kiddos - and an even more spectacular time in New York City! I just got done reading all of your entries about the trip. I want to go!!! ...but I want to go at Christmas time one year.